Exiled Queen, The (A Seven Realms Novel)

The Exiled Queen - Cinda Williams Chima The Exiled Queen is the second book in the Seven Realms series and in this instalment, the story changes dramatically from the first. This time, Raisa and Han are both at Oden's Fort to receive an education. But the twist is that one is learning to be a soldier, the other is working with magic and either of them know the other is there. Because of the change in setting, this book reminded me of Hogwarts. Both characters have their own adventures, with the each their own struggles.Micah still plays a "Draco Malfoy" role, getting in the way of Han. Aside from Micah, there was about a bazillion other cool secondary characters. Some other people I enjoyed were Fiona and Cat. They both had a nice balance of femininity and fierceness to them. Here is how I picture Fiona and Cat, respectively:Honourable mention to the prefects, staffs and Dancer.One thing I really disliked was the relationship between Raisa and Amon. The we-need-to-stay-away-from-each-other-but-we-love-each-other situation was so frustrating. Raisa is so wise and mature in every aspect except when it comes to love. Raisa, get over it. Stop whining about your feels for Amon. Grrr. A side note: I loved how well written Han is. He is definitely a complex character and there were parts in the story where the streetlord's soft side emerges. Here is a sample: Han gazed into the fire. “I’m tired of people dying because they were born in Ragmarket or Southbridge. I’m sick of people in power picking on the weak. I’m going to help them.” He brushed at his eyes with the heels of his hands and cleared his throat.Was he crying? Raisa took a step toward him, hands extended, but he turned his back to her and poked at the fire with a stick.Final words, I cannot wait to read the third book. The cover is also gorgeous.