V for Vendetta

V for Vendetta - David Lloyd, Alan Moore A solid 4 out of 5 stars. A great story about the power of the masses and how shouldn't fear the government, the government should fear the people. I got shivers reading this book; I loved every scene where V kicked butts (which was quite often), and every time bits of the background story was revealed. The characters were all diverse, written so well that I loved hating the bad ones and cheered every time the good guys gained some ground.The only problem was that it was difficult to keep track of all the "men in suits" from the very beginning. It took some time for me to get the hang of this world, and who the key players were. But once it got going, it never stopped rolling. Despite putting the book on hold for over a year, I'm glad I finally finished it.A side note: I thoroughly enjoyed the film adaptation to this. Hugo Weaving superb. I mean, the guy played Elrond in The Lord of the Rings so of course he was fantastic. His portrayal of V exactly as I had imagined it; dark, lonely and tortured. The movie is a 5 out of 5 for me and it gained that one star that the comic book was missing because they simplified the beginning a bit so it wasn't too confusing for the audience to keep track of the characters. So overall, I loved the story of V, the idea of V. I can happily say that it sits comfortably besides 1984 as one of my favourite "Eff You, Government" stories.